Its irresistible combination of vitality, charm and criminality has made Naples a magnet for writers and film-makers for more than a century, and no one captures its flavours more vividly than Maurizio de Giovanni, whose Commissario Ricciardi novels are set in the city in the 1930s. In Nameless Serenade, the ninth book in the series, translated by Antony Shugaar, Vinnie returns home from the USA, where he has become a champion boxer - and the husband of the woman he loved and left is found dead from a single knockout blow.
To celebrate the publication of Nameless Serenade, Europa Editions UK is offering five Crime Club readers the chance to win three titles from the backlist:
- Blood Curse, translated by Antony Shugaar
- Everyone in Their Place, translated by Antony Shugaar
- The Day of the Dead, translated by Antony Shugaar
- By My Hand, translated by Antony Shugaar
- Viper, translated by Antony Shugaar
- The Bottom of Your Heart, translated by Antony Shugaar
- Glass Souls, translated by Antony Shugaar
To enter, fill in the form below by August 10. Winners will be picked at random.
Terms and conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates (including but not limited to Europa Editions UK, Europa Editions US, Edizioni E/O) or any other parties that are involved in the development, production, or distribution of this prize draw in any way, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 10th August 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place on 13th August 2018. The first five entries drawn will be the winners.
6. The prize for the winner is three copies from the Commissario Ricciardi series (excluding Nameless Serenade), which includes Blood Curse, Everyone in Their Place, The Day of the Dead, By My Hand, Viper, The Bottom of Your Heart and Glass Souls.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified via email or post by 20th August 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
12. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
13. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is Europa Editions UK, 4 Blackstock Mews, London N4 2BE.
15. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.